commercial property insurance

Hi Marko

I suspect that as all properties would be separately assessed by underwriters, it does not really lend itself to online quotes. You probably need to go to a good broker for commercial property.

Brendan

Brendan said:
Hi Marko

I suspect that as all properties would be separately assessed by underwriters, it does not really lend itself to online quotes. You probably need to go to a good broker for commercial property.

Brendan

Agree with Brendan, but would also recommend calling Quinn Direct, some of the brokers do not deal with them. Commerical insurance is quite competitive at the moment, got a quote around 3 months ago for insurance that was around 10% cheaper with Quinn - and my original insurance company (via broker) matched it, eventually

We are approaching our renewal date for business insurance on property, public liability, site work, machine work (joinery workshop) etc.

As advised I shopped around - only to brokers who contacted us themselves. A broker has given us a figure which is half the price of what our current insurer has quoted. Included in this he has increased our cover dramatically which I have no problem with as he is still nearly €6000 cheaper than our current insurer at the lower values.

He has offered us Quinn Direct, Eagle Star or ARB (which I have never heard of before) who are all coming in at around the same price. We have been with Hibernian for a number of years but are much higher in price.

I want to have proper insurance, which hopefully I will never need to be calling on.

Anyone got any experiences with any of the above good or bad?

Quinn Direct - Irish based. different opinions as to quality of cover, service and claims procedure.

Eagle Star - part of the Zurich group. Good service

ARB - Lloyds syndicate. No problems with cover, but they could decide to pull out next year.

With all companies when you ar echanging insurer, make sure that the cover you are buying is at least equal to the insurer you are leaving. Virtually all companies have a Employer Liability limot of €13m. however, given that you are a woodworking risk, there may be certain exclusions, warranties or conditions applying to yoru current policy. Make sure that you are not getting a cheaper price, for less or more restrictive cover which could leave YOU, the employer liable and the insurer not covering the loss.

Limits under Public Liability can vary from €1m to €5m.

Price is not necessarily the only driving force you should consider.

Thanks for your reply, we have decided to go with Eagle Star and l have asked for a printed copy of the limit excesses which are €250 and €750 with eagle star before we decided. Thank you for your advise and as you have suggested I have double checked everything (I hope).

Thank you

NHG

Back