Cold Radiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

Hi.
I've searched the threads and haven't found any similar topics so I'll try to be as brief and thorough as possible.

I'm in a 4 bed semi-d for last few years with extension to kitchen. The extension has 3 rads in it. Only one is working and leaves the kitchen and extension very cold.

I started with bleeding the rads and the water went through but they cooled quickly again. I then turned off every other radiator in the house and the 2 heated very quickly and fully.

I've heard the term balancing, but as soon as I turn on a single other radiator these 2 loose heat and go cold. My heater pressure is around the 2 mark. Normal operating is indicated as between 1.5 and 2.5 so pressure is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Blake

What size pipes were ran to the three rads, 1/2" is not big enough, a dog leg may have been created. If the pipe work feeding the rads is undersized, no amount of balancing will help.

Thanks for both posts. I will try the Balancing bit but I think some of the Lockshield Valves have seized solid. Can't budge them with even a wrench. They may need to be replaced

Davyjones I think the pipes are the old style copper pipes. About cm in Diameter. Is it a big job to have them checked out to see if that is the problem. One section is under tiles and the other is encased in concrete floor under tiles.

Thanks again for suggestions. Appreciate the help

Blake

Thanks again to both posters. After a small bit of thinkering I managed to balance several of the radiators which eventually allowed the heat to flow. All my radiators are heating now which allows me to heat all rooms.

Matter is resolved. Thanks again.

Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back