Clean and Polish at Dentist

WGT

Hi,
I'm an IT contractor. Am I entitled to a free clean and polish at the dentist every 6 months. I am an employee of my limited company and pay PRSI.

Thanks,

WGT

Moved from Good Deals,Bad Deals & Consumer Issues.

If you were on PRSI Class A in recent years (in particular 2006 I think) you may be. Easiest to just call SW in Letterkenny with your PPSN and ask them:
Letterkenny, Social Welfare Services Office, St. Oliver Plunkett Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.

Telephone LoCall 1890 400 400*, Ext: 44480 (from within the Republic of Ireland)
*Note that the rates charged for the use of 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers

From Outside Ireland (00 353 1 704 3000)
  • Child Benefit
  • Treatment Benefit (Dental and Optical Benefits)
Telephone LoCall 1890* 690 690 (from within the Republic of Ireland)
*Note that the rates charged for the use of 1890 (LoCall) numbers may vary among different service providers

From Outside Ireland (00 353 74 916 4404)
  • Maternity Benefit
  • Adoptive Benefit
  • Health and Safety Benefit

Depends on what rate of PRSI you are paying and whether you have the required number of contributions/credits (dependant on your age), as well as the required number of contributions/credits in the governing year that you claim (in 2007, the governing year is 2005). Check under "Treatment Benefits" at www.welfare.ie for requirements in own case.

can't claim on PRSI as they say because I'm self-employed I pay less PRSI.
Will my tax cover a clean and polish.
The dentist charges 75 euro for clean and polish. Is this reasonable?

Will my tax cover a clean and polish.
What do you mean? Tax does not cover this sort of thing. You may be able to claim MED2 tax relief but check the form as it's fairly specific about what is and is not covered.

Back