children's backgarden climbing frame

Clara16

Grandparents have offered to pay for a climbing frame/ treehouse slide for the children as a present to go in our back garden.

After doing my research I’ve come up with jungle gym brand for approx. €800 we can get a tree house with stairs and a decent slide. We would need to collect and assemble ourselves. Husband is very handy so not a problem just need to tie him down to do it. I like this option as it’s a jungle gym brand I can buy add on’s and its guaranteed for 2 years.

Option 2 is I found a guy on line, no website but a fairly good FB page and can do the whole lot with swings for €850 delivered and assembled. He said he can ask previous clients if we can check out his work.

I want to stick with the more difficult brand option of the jungle gym, hubbie wants better value guy online probably so he can sit back and watch someone else do the work.

Has anyone any experience of jungle gym brand. Kids are 2 and 5 so hoping to get at least 6-7 good summers from it.

Beware of anyone purporting to operate a business via Facebook.

A guy buying the wood himself and fabricating from scratch is cutting corners to hit that price. If something goes wrong, what comeback do you have??

Grandparents have offered to pay for a climbing frame/ treehouse slide for the children as a present to go in our back garden.

After doing my research I’ve come up with jungle gym brand for approx. €800 we can get a tree house with stairs and a decent slide. We would need to collect and assemble ourselves. Husband is very handy so not a problem just need to tie him down to do it. I like this option as it’s a jungle gym brand I can buy add on’s and its guaranteed for 2 years.

Option 2 is I found a guy on line, no website but a fairly good FB page and can do the whole lot with swings for €850 delivered and assembled. He said he can ask previous clients if we can check out his work.

I want to stick with the more difficult brand option of the jungle gym, hubbie wants better value guy online probably so he can sit back and watch someone else do the work.

Has anyone any experience of jungle gym brand. Kids are 2 and 5 so hoping to get at least 6-7 good summers from it.

Hello,
Just wondering if you went ahead with the climbing frame, etc? If so, who did you go with and how has it worked out for the children, do they love it and use it?

Beware of anyone purporting to operate a business via Facebook.
Wow! Do people really think like this?
Fuddy-duddies used to say things like this 15 years ago about businesses with websites, using credit cards online, et cetera. And about businesses operating from mobile phones.
Media reports frequently point out that Ireland has the lowest percentage of SMEs in Europe with an online presence. However, many small businesses and sole traders in particular don't bother with wwwebsites and use Facebook instead. The time and cost overheads in comparison are minimal compared with a traditional wwwebsite.
Like it or not, the retail and service industries have changed radically in the last twenty years. In a bygone era they used to operate on the high street only. But many have moved on from that, they've moved on from traditional wwwebsites, and in a couple decades time they'll probably have moved on from Facebook.

Last edited:
Fuddy-duddies used to say things like this 15 years ago about businesses with websites, using credit cards online, et cetera.
Media reports frequently point out that Ireland has the lowest percentage of SMEs in Europe with an online presence. However, many small businesses and sole traders in particular don't bother with wwwebsites and use Facebook instead. The time and cost overheads in comparison are minimal compared with a traditional wwwebsite.
Like it or not, the retail and service industries have changed radically in the last twenty years. In a bygone era they used to operate on the high street only. But many have moved on from that, they've moved on from traditional wwwebsites, and in a couple decades time they'll probably have moved on from Facebook.

Websites are pretty cheap to get made and you can even make them yourself. Using something like Wordpress means it's simple to maintain and update.

Having your "site" on Facebook means you are subject to Facebook's rules. As a business, you should have your own domain name hosted independently so you can make your own rules for your site. Having your own site adds legitimacy to what you are promoting as it is seen as a more permanent structure than a Facebook page.

I'm sure Google rank independent sites more than Facebook pages too?

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

I got rid of my website. A Facebook and Twitter presence is sufficient for many sole traders, IMO. Saved me time, saved me money.
People are slow to change, but they will.
I remember selling my old car in 1999 and giving my mobile phone number on the ads. A colleague that gave me advice suggested I use either my work phone (i.e. landline) or my home phone (i.e. landline). Said that anyone buying a second hand car would run a mile from a seller using a mobile phone! He was probably right, in 1999. I was the only one of my friends with a mobile phone at that time. Two years later though everyone had one.
People were slow to change, but they did.

Last edited:
I'm sure Google rank independent sites more than Facebook pages too?
I can't say I'm either sure or unsure, but I've frequently used Google and have had a Facebook page come up at the top of the list. With over 1 Billion users on FB I'd be surprised if Google chose FB for lesser ranking.

My point was mainly directed at those operating a business solely on a Facebook account. If you can't ascertain a physical address, don't risk it. The ratio of fraudulent versus genuine operators is just too great. You have little or no legal recourse if anything goes wrong.

Back