Childish Neighbour

Rather than going to the expense of a wall, could you place a few plant boxes adjacent to, but wholly on, your side of the boundary?

I'd agree that a wall would create even more of an obstacle, being both longer and permanent. No going back from that scenario, however it pans out.

Why don't you post rants in Letting Off Steam when you are able to? That's the appropriate place for them. Oh - and read the posting guidelines where you will see that personalised attacks are not acceptable around here. :rolleyes:

not a personalised ATTACK just a question !!!!!!:cool:

Why don't you post rants in Letting Off Steam when you are able to? That's the appropriate place for them. Oh - and read the posting guidelines where you will see that personalised attacks are not acceptable around here. :rolleyes:
sounds to me like the neighbour is trying to annoy the OP. its not much to expect to have your neighbour to park in the middle of his part of the drive. he is probably still within his rights but is being unreasonable.everyone is entitled to an opinion here too, no need to go on a power trip there.

sounds to me like the neighbour is trying to annoy the OP. its not much to expect to have your neighbour to park in the middle of his part of the drive. he is probably still within his rights but is being unreasonable.everyone is entitled to an opinion here too, no need to go on a power trip there.

Yep i agree K K man :D

You're missing the point lads.

The OP says the neighbour's driveway is huge, but only slightly wider than his own. Even if the neighbour parks all the way to the boundary (where the centre of the theoretical wall would be), there seems to be plenty of room left for the OP to park comfortably.

Perhaps the neighbour uses his driveway in this way to allow plenty of room for people to get past his car (someone wheeling a pram or a bicycle, for example). He's perfectly within his rights.

The only difference a wall would make would be to narrow both driveways,

the next time your neighbour reverses into his drive, reverse your car in as close as possible to his. he might get the message then. he is well within his rights but it seems he is acting like a right banker

This morning i had to get into my car on the passanger side and climb over to the drivers seat because I couldn't open the drivers door.

How about reversing your car into your driveway so that your driver's door isn't on the same side as his car?

Last edited:
How about reversing your car into your driveway so that your driver's door isn't on the same side as his car?

Hope Clubman doesn't see your post Ciadan :D (If you don't know what I'm talking about read his posts in this thread - some of us were made feel very small by his caustic wit):rolleyes: -I agree with you though it makes sense to me too. And I feel that although the neighbour is within his legal rights he's acting like a completed plonker.

And I feel that although the neighbour is within his legal rights he's acting like a completed plonker.

If the OP is difficulty opening his car door because the neighbour is parking too near the boundary, then the OP is also parking too near the boundary.

If the OP is difficulty opening his car door because the neighbour is parking too near the boundary, then the OP is also parking too near the boundary.

Not necessarily. I was at a shopping centre yesterday. I parked in the centre of the parking space. there was a car parked on my right and as it too was parked in the centre of its space I had no problem exiting my car. But when I returned there was a car parked right up against the white line - leaving all its space on the right. As he was parked within his lines he could claim he was parked legally but he had parked thoughtlessly leraving me no room to get into my car. I had to climb in through the passanger door to get to the drivers seat.

And he hasdn't the excuse of the car to his right being parked wrongly as he was in the last parking space.

Having followed this thread I realised what the Op has to go through day in day out

Hope Clubman doesn't see your post Ciadan :D (If you don't know what I'm talking about read his posts in this thread - some of us were made feel very small by his caustic wit):rolleyes: -I agree with you though it makes sense to me too. And I feel that although the neighbour is within his legal rights he's acting like a completed plonker.
careful there or power trip man might ban us all!

OP is talking about a driveway and you are comparing it to a parking space in a shopping centre! Hardly comparing like with like here, are we?

The fact of the matter is we don't know. The Driveways of the houses may well be the size of parking spaces at supermarkets - without seeing them or being told the measurements we don't know. If they are wider then as alluded to in your earlier post the Op is parking badly too and really should have taken parking lessons rather than posting here. But if they are narrowdriveways with little room and resemble shopping centre spaces then the Op has a point.

OP is talking about a driveway and you are comparing it to a parking space in a shopping centre! Hardly comparing like with like here, are we?
close your eyes and imagine the white lines are boundaries outside the OP's house.............

Perhaps if the OP gave the approximate dimensions ( length/width) of the respective driveways if might help people picture this better.

The bottom line here is either 1. the OP`s driveway is too small for the car to fit in and comfortably open doors or 2. the OP can`t park properly within the boundaries of their own property (for whatever reason), neither of these problems should infringe on the neighbours right to full access to their own property at all times....end of!

Back