child under 2 flying price

john martin

My daughter has a child under 2 and will be flying Ryanair over christmas. The child will turn 3 just before the return flight . Will she have to pay full fare for the return leg?

This happened to me on a flight with Virgin Airlines, they did give me the full discount price for the return leg, but you will need to confirm with the airline, some airlines might not allow discount on 2nd leg, especially Ryanair!!

My daughter has a child under 2 and will be flying Ryanair over christmas. The child will turn 3 just before the return flight . Will she have to pay full fare for the return leg?

From the website:

Infant Fee - Per Infant/Per One Way flight (must be under 2 years for both outbound and return flight)

If an infant reaches the age of 2 years prior to their return journey, they must pay the applicable adult fare, taxes, fees and charges for that flight, please contact our call centre to book

Is there a year between flights?? Otherwise Ryanair's T&C's are quite clear on this issue?

Can you not book them as 2 one way flights, that way you will get the 1st leg free and onoly have to pay for the return

I,m a bit confused now.Sorry I phrased the thing wrong. The child is 1 now and will turn 2 whilst away so will be 2 when returning. Does she get the first flight free and pay for the second.

I,m a bit confused now.Sorry I phrased the thing wrong. The child is 1 now and will turn 2 whilst away so will be 2 when returning. Does she get the first flight free and pay for the second.

Yes, but the first flight, when the child is under 2, will not actuallly be free. RyanAir have a €30 admin fee for booking an infant ticket.

Back