cheques post office

emma fry

How long does a cheque take to clear if you lodge it into your post office account? I think 10 days but is that 10 working days? I lodged it the 9th November.. thanks

How long does a cheque take to clear if you lodge it into your post office account? I think 10 days but is that 10 working days? I lodged it the 9th December.. thanks

Just hop back into your DeLorean, go forward to 9 December, get the cheque, travel back to October, lodge the cheque, and the cleared funds should appear in your account today.

Lodged on the 9th, it will probably have been processed on the 10th by whoever you bank with. Assuming it's drawn on another bank, your bank will have forwarded it on to the drawing bank on the 11th and that bank will have until the COB 14th to unpay it back to your bank and that unpaid will touch down with your bank on either the 15th or 16th and would probably be posted back to your account in the 17th. There can be valid reasons for delays occurring in this process which is why they allow up to 10 days.

Back