charlestown, finglas. I like the appartment, but feel a bit rushed into the decision.

C

Casandra

Hi, I received a phone call on monday from fingal coco asking me to view an appartment in charlestown, finglas. I went to see it on friday, and I've to let them know by tuesday whether i want to take it or not. until now i've only been offered places in balbriggan or balrothery which I'm not interested in. i like the appartment, but feel a bit rushed into the decision. it's the first half decent one i've been offered, i don't know whether i should be jumping at the chance or to just wait a bit longer and see what else comes up....what do you reckon??

Re: charlestown, finglas. I like the appartment, but feel a bit rushed into the decis

Hi, I received a phone call on monday from fingal coco asking me to view an appartment in charlestown, finglas. I went to see it on friday, and I've to let them know by tuesday whether i want to take it or not. until now i've only been offered places in balbriggan or balrothery which I'm not interested in. i like the appartment, but feel a bit rushed into the decision. it's the first half decent one i've been offered, i don't know whether i should be jumping at the chance or to just wait a bit longer and see what else comes up....what do you reckon??

I think if you're not sure you say no, its a big decision. Could you ask to see it again maybe?

Re: charlestown, finglas. I like the appartment, but feel a bit rushed into the decis

I got a letter about these aprtments, they sent the plans of the units, it says they are 73 square metres, that's a lot bigger than the average affordable home.

Did you go for it in the end?

Cassandra,
Some people might think this is unfair but you could accept, put the deposit down and then have a think about it for a week or two while confirming loan approval etc. If you decide against it I am fairly certain you would get full deposit refund. That was the case with my offer from Fingal anyway, though in the end I went ahead and bought.

I've just received a letter from Fingal Council to view Charlestown. Any information on the apartments, the area, plus transport links would very much appreciated. Thanks. Cassandra, what did you decide?

Homeboy

I also got a letter about these apts.
Not really feasible for us with schools etc but they look slightly bigger than average.

Did anyone accept??

I also got a letter about these apts.
Not really feasible for us with schools etc but they look slightly bigger than average.

Did anyone accept??

I also got a letter from them about them apartments, they do seem quite big, i have accepted an offer already though! through Dublin city council, its only a one bed but very nice in Irishtown but now im tempted by the one's in charlestown,I dont know what to do a two bed apt would be ideal, i think go for it out your deposit down, and you can back down as long as you havent signed anything.

Dont know if this will be to late to comment but i've just moved into charlestown & I love it here. I'm in the Apts in the shopping centre & its the best move i've ever made...

Good luck with everyone moving ;)

Dont know if this will be to late to comment but i've just moved into charlestown & I love it here. I'm in the Apts in the shopping centre & its the best move i've ever made...

Good luck with everyone moving ;)

Congrats NewLifeBegin !!! I have only done my first snag list. It is now up to the builder to fix their own mistakes, unfortunately they are on holidays :( How did your snagging go?

Regards

Builders on holidays?? Der all working away here.

Few niggiling problems but fixed straight away.

Der is no gas company its dalika...or something... because its energy efficient, not sure what way the bills will work but they are all direct debit.

Post man couldnt get into the buildings so i have given him the code to get in. Also the parking card i got has broke twice in d past two days but they take ur name and you can stil get in & out.

Your card is normally fixed by the nxt day & you collect it at reception in the shopping centre. Also twice in two wks der has been a power failure... Not sure why but it includes the shopping centre.

But dont let anything like that turn you off as the place is lovely. Very quiet & relaxing. Do you know if your apartment has been fitted out yet as there is a lot still been fitted out...

Do you know if your apartment has been fitted out yet as there is a lot still been fitted out...[/quote]

well, it is all ready to move in. I just have to get carpet, kitchen appliances and furniture. My solicitor has given me a closing date, its going to be the 5th of September. Not sure how long I have to wait afterwords to get the keys of the apartment. Hopefully I'll be in by the end of September.

Do you know if your apartment has been fitted out yet as there is a lot still been fitted out...

well, it is all ready to move in. I just have to get carpet, kitchen appliances and furniture. My solicitor has given me a closing date, its going to be the 5th of September. Not sure how long I have to wait afterwords to get the keys of the apartment. Hopefully I'll be in by the end of September.[/quote]

Hey i didnt notice your comment as i got no mail sayin there was a reply. Have you finally moved in yet? Der is a lot still been fitted out & so far wer still loving charlestown...

Hi,

I noticed the comments about apartments being fitted out and was just wondering to what level affordable houses are furnished when you purchase? A lot of builders seem to offering a lot of extras like tiled bathrooms, fitted kitchens etc. Are there any extras included in affordable homes? With the extras that the developers are offering, buying privately is getting more attractive as the price difference between affordable and private sales becomes less

Hi,

I noticed the comments about apartments being fitted out and was just wondering to what level affordable houses are furnished when you purchase? A lot of builders seem to offering a lot of extras like tiled bathrooms, fitted kitchens etc. Are there any extras included in affordable homes? With the extras that the developers are offering, buying privately is getting more attractive as the price difference between affordable and private sales becomes less

As I said earlier on I only had to get kitchen appliances and flooring. Bathrooms were fully done, they even put a toilet paper holder in :)

well, it is all ready to move in. I just have to get carpet, kitchen appliances and furniture. My solicitor has given me a closing date, its going to be the 5th of September. Not sure how long I have to wait afterwords to get the keys of the apartment. Hopefully I'll be in by the end of September.

Hey i didnt notice your comment as i got no mail sayin there was a reply. Have you finally moved in yet? Der is a lot still been fitted out & so far wer still loving charlestown...[/quote]

Yes I am finally in :). Loving it a lot!!

Back