Nationwide Charity Fundraising Consultant

rphair

Note: though this is for a Dublin-based project we would consider anyone in the Ireland/UK market with the speciality described below.

An organisation I volunteer with, a non-profit company long registered as a charity in Ireland, is planning a fundraising drive to last several years. The goal is to raise €2.5M for a construction project which is vital to the long-term success of the organisation.

We are looking for an expert consultant to advise us on charity fundraising in Ireland, including any help with:

• identifying a target market - whether to seek lots of donations from individuals, or focus on small number of larger contributors
  • investigating grants available in Ireland - based on charitable efforts, tourism, etc...
  • auditing our developing print & online fundraising materials - posters, brochures, web site, online payments, social networking campaigns
  • investigating "congregational donations" - e.g., pledges, wills, endowments, trusteeship, equity donations
  • creating a fundraising plan - which we have had trouble designing by committee
Due to the forum rules I can't mention here the mainstream, packaged online services we have investigated, but none of these services would be appropriate since we will be developing the online features ourselves.

At this early stage we just need a high-level, well-recommended advisor in this narrow speciality so we can focus our efforts on following their expert advice: someone to provide long-term direction to our fundraising project, or at least to give us a comprehensive consultation at this critical, early planning stage.

If we ever find such a person I will certainly post an instructive review in this thread. Until then we will be going on ourselves as best as we can & will be open to any referrals.

Review of O'Kennedy so far is positive, the most professional of those we have been able to find on our own. They definitely fit the bill of what we were looking for. They offer a free consultation in which they assess a project cost for the whole fundraising campaign. We are going to take them up on this offer soon. If any more information develops, I will post here & thanks to LD for the very useful response. /robert

Last edited:
Back