Charge extra for management fee

Exchanger

Hi
We rent out an apartment and last year increased the rent by the 4% allowed under the new regulations. The rent is still about €200 a month less than current rents in the area. Up to now we have paid the management fee ourselves - this includes bin collection and car parking for the tenants.
We are considering seeking some of the management fee from the tenant from next year. While the rent will remain the same effectively, an extra 100 euro a month would be sought for the bin collection and 2 car parking spaces. If the tenant doesn't wish to have the car spaces then we would reduce this charge further. This wouldn't even cover half the management fee but we don't mind that. Does this sound fair?

The management fee is always paid by the property owner, not aware of this ever been passed to the tenant as the rent in effect is suppose to cover everything.

if you rent a house or apartment refuse collection is the tenants responsibility not the landlords. Surely the landlord can ask for additional payment for bin collection and car parking spaces if they are covering this charge in management fee.

As I mentioned earlier, .the amount of 100 euro wouldn't even cover half the management fee therefore I would have thought splitting it with the tenant at rate of maybe 60/40 would be reasonable. The two car spaces are valuable in themselves.

I think it is quite bad form to try to "work around" the RPZ legislation by what you are trying to do here.
inflation rate < 1%, but 4% yoy increase apparently not enough.

I think it is quite bad form to try to "work around" the RPZ legislation by what you are trying to do here.
inflation rate < 1%, but 4% yoy increase apparently not enough.

I would respectfully disagree. The RPZ legislation is a farce is is far too biased in favour of the tenant; more power to landlords who think of clever ways to maximise the value of their asset. Where was the State when landlords were on their knees during the financial crisis? Where is the State when yahoos refuse to pay their rent?

Gordon,
The state as always, have been and are there with their hand in the landlords pocket taking half of everything the tenant pays. More even.

If there was parking included initially with the property then I imagine this is detailed in the lease re parking availability/arrangements? Therefore, you could not just start charging now for a service which was previously included. If there is no mention of parking being included you could technically probably withdraw the service, and offer it at a separate fee I imagine, but I imagine it may not be worth it (and is also clearly against the spirit of the legislation)

The spirit of the legislation is to totally screw landlords. Especially any who have been good to tenants and given them discounts.

I doubt that with so many in our legislature invested in property, including 35% of the cabinet.

Back