Changing Property Management Company

babyblackie

Hello, I wonder how easy/difficult it is to change management company in a small apartment complex. Proposed fees are now 125% of previous year.

The directors of the company can vote to change, there is no need for a majority of owners, you could lobby your Directors with your concerns or attend the next AGM,

It's very small and there are 2 directors. I'm one. I'll see other at agm. Do we just decide on the best company and give notice to the other?

I have recently been through this process. I am a director of a residents management company. You need to check your letter of engagement (ie the contract) with your existing agent for the agreed notice period . You can choose to move to a new (and hopefully better) agent once your contract has expired. The agents are obliged to comply with the handover process as set out by the PSRA and hopefully the process will be smooth enough. Best of Luck!

You don't need a majority vote of residents for this. The directors can make the decision on behalf of the owners once they are elected in the proper manner at the AGM

Thanks Threadser. I'll begin to shop around asap. It might give me an idea if I'm wasting my time thinking we'd get a better deal. The present company is a buyout and fees have exploded in my opinion. I could live without this but cannot be taken for a ride.

Our management company got rid of the Property company that ws dealing with the day to day running of our complex of some 40 apartments. Our chairman and Secretary are both very active and now have everything under control with the annual charges going down from €1700 last year to €1200 this year. Hopefully even lower next year.

Hi 'Babyblackie' et al,

Please, PLEASE!, clarify when referring to or about the OMC [Owners' Management Company] and The Managing Agents!

... "letter of engagement (ie the contract)"
suggests (?) that you wish to replace the Managing Agents and not (necessarily) the OMC. Is this correct? Are the Agents registered with the PSRA?

Back