Certus won't talk unless ex signs paperwork

Lords

Hi - is this allowed? I am attempting to deal with the useless Certus. My ex is gone, I have no contact with him. Not contributing. I have sent three separate Standard Financial Statements to them (they lost one, no response to the other two).
I had a representative meet with a manager in August with a proposal to pay €800 per month (full payment €1250) which he advised would be sent to Scotland (BOSI head offices) for approval and this would take a 'minimum of 6 months, probably more'.
Since then I have lost my job and am currently unemployed. I stopped paying in January, and have repeatedly asked by phone and letter, for another meeting to request a moratorium.
I have just received a letter stating that the manager never said 6 months for a decision, that they have been ringing me to arrange a meeting (a blatant lie) and as nothing has been signed by my vanished ex, they won't deal with me. To boot, they now class me as non-cooperating and I have no protection under MARS.
Can they do this?

Read the Consumer Protection Code - there are several breaches here.

They are obliged to talk to one party regardless.

List down the contacts that you had whether you have copies or proof or not.

If you have suffered huge stress state that and if it has affected any part of your life state that particularly if you are on medication or you have been traumatised - your doctor may be able to help.

Send it by registered post.

Do it straight away.

Back