cctv and the law

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willjons

I have a sign on your house to say concealed cctv cameras operate here

Garda were called by someone who claims concerns the cameras are pointing at their house. Not true.

I said there are no cameras pointing at anyone house or any public area and I am making no further comment

Do the garda have authority to come to a door when no complaint is made? They said no complaint had been made just a query and i question if they have the authority to call to me on a query?

I asked if i was obliged to answer and they said no and i asked them to leave and they did. I understand i did not even have to let them in to my house.

Can Garda get search warrant to check or are you obliged to confirm where cameras they may be.

Why are you so defensive?

Do the garda have authority to come to a door when no complaint is made? They said no complaint had been made just a query and i question if they have the authority to call to me on a query?
Of course they can call at any time- otherwise how would they do their job?
Are you saying that if a child went missing in the area, the guards should not be allowed to do door to door calls?

Why not let them see your cameras and if there is nothing wrong, that should be the end of it.

Why not let them see your cameras and if there is nothing wrong, that should be the end of it.

Agree - Gardai could tell anyone who complains to them that they have checked you CCTV system and can confirm that the cameras are not intruding on anyone. You'd be saving yourself the hastle of the Gardai calling everytime someone complains.

Why are you so defensive?

Of course they can call at any time- otherwise how would they do their job?
Are you saying that if a child went missing in the area, the guards should not be allowed to do door to door calls?

because it is part of a campaign of false allegations made about me There is a difference between a child missing when of course i would help and people using the garda to intimidate me. They can call but one does not have to let them in and they must leave when reuested.

How are the Guards supposed to know that they are malicious lies unless you co-operate and explain the situation?

I am not interested in a debate.

If anyone has any legal advice would be appreciated especially in relation to power of then gardai

not when they are coming on malicious lies. otherwise yes

That's all the more reason to cooperate. Your behaviour of lack of cooperation and asking them to leave can only lead them to suspect you have something to hide. I suspect many reading your contributions to this thread are making that assumption on the little detail provided.

If you're not intersted in a debate, perhaps an internet forum is not the place for you and you would be better served paying for the legal advice of your solicitor.
Leo

That's all the more reason to cooperate. Your behaviour of lack of cooperation and asking them to leave can only lead them to suspect you have something to hide. I suspect many reading your contributions to this thread are making that assumption on the little detail provided.

If you're not intersted in a debate, perhaps an internet forum is not the place for you and you would be better served paying for the legal advice of your solicitor.
Leo
well i do not and will be seeking legal advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back