Caught without licence, tax or Insurance - likely punishment?

Marge

hi there,

Can anyone advise on the following? A friends brother, for reasons best known to himself was driving a motor bike with licence, tax or insurance.

He was caught by the guards a few weeks ago for aapparently breaking a red light. It was then discovered that he had none of the essential requirements in place.
Does anyone have any idea what the likely charge/fines imposed on him will be once he is summoned?

Thanks in advance.

Marge

about 12 months, more if he gets the wrong judge....

if he needs his license get him to contact a solicitor asap

Thanks for the quick replies.
I should have clarified though, he does not actually hold a licence either (apparently his old one had expired a year ago), so wonder how this would work punishment wise?

Thanks once again.

Marge

If it was a Provisional Licence that he previously held, he should go and renew it immediately

hi there,

Can anyone advise on the following? A friends brother, for reasons best known to himself was driving a motor bike with licence, tax or insurance.

He was caught by the guards a few weeks ago for aapparently breaking a red light. It was then discovered that he had none of the essential requirements in place.
Does anyone have any idea what the likely charge/fines imposed on him will be once he is summoned?

Thanks in advance.

Marge

Sounds like he'll get done for dangerous driving also.
He'll prob get locked up for 6 months and *when* he renews his out of date license the 12 month ban the judge hands down will start.
Of course this assuming he has nothing else on his record.

you can add the new 1000e fine as well then
Hmmm, do the laws regarding provisionals include bikes? I thought you could drive a bike under a certain horsepower with a provisional?

BountyHunter.

Hmmm, do the laws regarding provisionals include bikes? I thought you could drive a bike under a certain horsepower with a provisional?

good point, but I was actually thinking of 1000e for no L plates... I am of course assuming that someone with no tax or insurance also didn't have L plates up...

The whole lot together,especially no insurance is quite serious.He could be looking at a prison sentence!

Back