Card in Credit

roker

Due to cancellation of holidays and charge back to my visa card I am hundreds in credit.
Can I transfer this back to my current account, or must I spend this as necessary

You should be able to transfer out without a charge but worth checking with a small amount first? Or call your card company and check. Actually not sure how you would do this if current and card accounts aren’t with the same bank

Use your credit card in an ATM to withdraw cash and lodge it to your bank account

Check first that it won't be treated as a cash advance and what the ATM charges are.

I accidentally used my credit card to withdraw cash and I was charged - can’t remember if it was a percentage or a flat fee but it was substantial as I had only withdrawn a small amount of cash- so you should check with the bank first.

Unless things have changed recently credit cards do not charge for cash withdrawel if they are in credit ie. 'front loaded'.

This used to be the norm when travelling abroad within the Eurozone before the advent of Debit Cards et al..
However normal ATM charges may apply.

Call the payments department of your credit card company and they should be able to arrange a transfer for you if they have your details.
Or just withdraw at an ATM as suggest above. Or go on a shopping spree.

Top up your Revolut using that credit and then either withdraw cash using Revolut or transfer money from Revolut to your bank account.

I'm with AIB and they don't consider the Revoult top up as cash with drawl .

and of course that if you have Revolut!

Great idea bbari! Another option is set up a paypal account and link your cc and current account. Transfer money into pp from credit card and transfer out to your current account. Should be zero charges doing it this way

Back