Car insurance query

aoc

Can anyone offer me an opinion/ give information:

Last week, my husband's car was crashed into by a first permit holder driver (on his own in the car). he fully acccepts that the accident was his fault. My query is - my husbands car is insured for €7 - actual value is approx. € 5.5k - damage is at least 2,500 - will the car be written off? how is the amount you get calculated - as we need to now go look for another car??

yes, it is ..... didn't seem to get any reply so thought changing the title may help??

yes, it is ..... didn't seem to get any reply so thought changing the title may help??

But you did?:confused:

"The value your husband has the car insured for will not be taken into consideration.
The assessor from the third parties insurance company will decide whether or not to write the car off or not.
Have you sent in the estimates etc?
If they decide to write off the car you will recieve the book value (5.5k by your original post) less salvage (what a scrappage company will pay for the car).
if they do not write off the car they will pay for the repairs and probably about 10% of repair value as depreciation cost.
i would call the third parties company and ask whether or not they are writing off the car before I woud go car shopping.
I assume they are paying for a hire car in the interim and the cost of storing your car so they will want to get this sorted ASAP too."

Back