Car Insurance - advice needed

B

Bam

Last week on tuesday evening I was sitting in traffic stopped at a red light.
Then someone drove into the back of me. No major damage ( some scrapes etc on the rear bumper) was obvious and the person admitted it was their fault. We swap details etc.The car drove fine that day and the next day. I did about 80 miles in this time. On wednesday night about 30 hours after getting the knock my car starts driving very badly, lights flashing on the dash, loss of power, engine making loud noises etc. Barely made it home. The next day I ring the other persons insurance company, AXA, and tell them the story and they say bring it in, we'll sort it all out. Turns out to be a problem with the catalitic converter. I drop the car in on thursday evening. On friday morning
they ring me and say the part that went in the engine is completely unrelated to the knock and would have happenned anyway. I dont accept this. The odds must be 10000 to 1. Today I had to pay 400 euro to get the engine fixed. I want AXA to pay this as I refuse to accept its just a coincidence. Does anyone have any idea how to deal with this. Any help would be really helpful.

Can't answer your question, but a few suggestions:

- check if your exhaust pipe was damaged by the impact
- call you local dealer/mechanic and get their opinion
- call the local importer/distributor and get their opinion

This should help establish if it's RTA related ot not.

Back