Car accident

B

bintje

My car was park outside my house on the street on the 31st of December 2008. A "boy-racer" car with 4 people in the car was speedning and hit mine and 7 other cars. My car is a "write-off" and so is two other cars. There is no witness for who of the four was driving the car but the four boy in the car was taken in by the gardi over night. All of them are saying "I did NOT drive the car, he did", they are just trying to blame each other. I know that the boy that owns the car is only back on the road lat month. And all of them where on drugs. They boy that own the car has not yet left in his insurance disk to the gardi. Apperntly you have 10 days to bring you disk to the gardi. The gardi I spoke to said that the boy that own the car proabably don't have any insurance. I rang my insurance company and I will loose my no-claims bonus if I claim for the damage of my car. My car is 12 years old and not worth that much money. What to do? I have done nothing wrong parking my car outside my house at the same place I have parked it for over 10 years and now this is gonna cost me 1000s of Euros.

Have a look at the MIBI website. There is something about not losing your no claims bonus in these circumstances where you must claim on comprehensive insurance. Alternatively take a civil claim against the boy racers, but if they are not a mark then no point.

The garda is right. They can access the names of insured people if need be. Wait until the court case and try to get the beak to award you costs. By the way, if your car is 12 years old and still worth a few grand, you must have given it plenty TLC. I wish you all the best.

So long as the driver is identified but uninsured then I believe that you bring a claim to the MIBI. If you have fully comp I think that there is a agreement between the MIBI and insurance companies that your insurance will pay you but you wont lose your NCB.

So long as the driver is identified but uninsured then I believe that you bring a claim to the MIBI. If you have fully comp I think that there is a agreement between the MIBI and insurance companies that your insurance will pay you but you wont lose your NCB.

As far as I know that is the procedure to follow if your vehicle is damaged by an uninsured driver. Telephone them and ask them what you should do and take it from there. Hope all gets sorted out for you.

Back