Car accident liable party cant be contacted advice please

v21075

First time posting here so here goes, myself and my wife were involved in a car accident recently where a driver hit the back of our car, the Garda were called and the details were given and we exchanged insurance details it turned out we are both with the same company so far so good.
Since then we have been in touch with the insurance company a number of times and each time we are told that the other party can’t be contacted to accept liability, we have already decided to get the car fixed through our own policy and when the other (liable) policy holder eventually does contact them they will pay our costs back through that persons policy and everything will be settled.
My question is if the other person doesn’t contact the insurance company and the insurance company can’t reach them what happens to the claim, do the insurance company have to find this person or can they just let it go on and on? We have been informed that we will lose our no claims until the matter is settled completely so I really would like this sorted.
One last thing we have a personal injury claim in for this accident also so have a solicitor but he won’t deal with the car repairs end he says that is for the insurance company to sort

I would suggest letting your solicitor deal with the personal injury claim as liability has to be admitted for this. You should know yourself if its going to be admitted for example if they crashed into the back of you its and open and shut case.

I would suggest letting your solicitor forge clear with the personal claim this should get liability admitted. Also did the gard take a statement at the scene take notes of the impact of the crash etc it may have been admitted at the scene.

Thanks for the reply, thankfully the person got in touch and accepted liablilty today everything is now in motion to get the matter sorted

Back