Car Accident, court summons

A

avan

I recently reported an accident to the guards where I was run off the road causing damage to my wheel and tyre. Can I stress that I was driving within the speed limit and none of the accident was my fauly. Only that I beaked and swerved so swiftly he would have hit me, definatley, in fact he still only missed me by couple of inches. The guard went to see the person, who admited what they did and said they did not see me. The guard asked me regarding prosecution, I said I did not want to as visit from guard was enough but I did want him to pay for my wheel and tyre. He said to guard he would pay half as when he saw me chasing him he said that my wheel and tyre could not be that damaged. The damage is as I said (tyre was only on three weeks and wheel was not damaged before). I even got quotes for me picking up the wheel and taking it to the guy who always puts on my tyres, I was not using the garage of the car make where they would charge a lot more. Wheel €180, tyre, fitting and balancing €125. I said no way of course, bit like saying it was half my fault, only course of action was to proscute. Anyway, the case referred to Sargent who signed off to prosecute for "Driving with undue care and attention". Does anyone know what happens next? Never been in court before. Would prefer of course if the guy just paid for the damage. Any help is much appreciated.

Why not got the guy's insurance details from the garda - and pursue them for your repairs?

Back