Cape Verde or Bodrum in Turkey

lukelukas: whats the nearest airport for fethiye? looking at alanya but the airport transfer is making me reconsider.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml?xml=/travel/2006/09/16/etdiscounts16.xml

A poor summer for operators means end-of-season bargains. Jeremy Skidmore and Charles Starmer-Smith report.

Package holidays to Turkey were available for less than £20 this week after the country's 20th bomb attack this year.
[broken link removed] Late summer sun available at bargain pricesTravel companies are desperate to sell off their remaining trips following the bomb in Diyarbakir on Wednesday that killed 11 people, five of them children.
Travelcare, a discount online travel company, is offering seven-night packages in Marmaris and Dalaman for just £19 per person, including flights from Gatwick, departing tomorrow.

thanks Kesey: the apartments I have been looking at in alanya are going to feature very shortly on tv3 as is the builder .mick from mayo (couldnt make it up) so it will probably be a case of making my mind up sooner rather than later as once its shown on telly there will probably be a lot more sales. those bombings are definitely a put off though ( even for someone who was pretty used to bomb scares and even bombs themselves over the years) will check up on transfers from dalaman, thanks again.

Cape Verde or Bodrum? The words "barge pole" and "50 foot" come to mind.
Perhaps, in time, both will be be water-bombed...
Stick to stable, infrastructurally-sound, democracies and you should do ok. France, Denmark and Italy are safer bets.

berph: I don't deny my first choice would be portugal. expensive and high property tax (1%) make it unattractive. Turkey is much cheaper and much lower property taxes. flight times are a big downside. Portugal is very popular with brits and paddys so should be no problem selling on if need be in a few years time. Turkey not so popular with brits or paddys but very popular with swedes, finns, norwegians, russians and surprisingly ( to me anyway) lithuanians. Was recently looking at a property and of about 50 apartments approx 40 were already sold to scandanavian buyers. so should in theory at least be no problem selling on. theres a new development called www.goldcity.com.tr which is being developed outside alanya. doesnt interest me as it appears to be a sort of hollywood hills effort and is far too big for my liking but apparantly it being aimed at the swiss. horses for courses I suppose. despite all the bad publicty turkey is obviously getting its fair ( possibly too much) of holiday apartments etc . Admit to getting fiddgety sitting on the sidelines but I am not going to rush this decision. cheers

Turkey now and always scares me because of the religious and political situation. Please bear in mind the trouble the pope got himself into and how Turkey reacted, I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong but it should be a consideration. CV is a long ould flight......

found a new airport transfer company called which appears to cover one of my missing bases. also good for portugal too.will post in the holiday forum for info

Cape Verde just featured on mri's overseas property channel Sky 287,
Repeated tonight at 10 pm.

Cape Verde just featured on mri's overseas property channel Sky 287,
Repeated tonight at 10 pm.

MRI Have basically one development in cape verde that they are trying to sell. Its offplan on the island of sal.

MRI have their own tv production studio, was told that yesterday, mega swish!

Its really home shopping like isn't it! I am waiting for a presenter to start flogging blenders and electric potato peelers !!

Back