Cant get invoice

D

dhon

I recently had a job done in my house. The engineer (shower) apologised that he had no paperwork with him but promised to send on the invoice if I paid him. I paid by cheque but even after several phone calls I can not get that invoice. I have traced the company details and find the engineer is actually a director and company Sec. Who can I report him to?
Thanks
dhon

write to him and advise you are contacting revenue authorities and the Institute of Engineers. That should prompt a reply!

Thanks Ravima - this did the trick:
"I refer to the above service call to my home when you failed to provide an invoice (on the pretence that you left your paperwork elsewhere) but were paid by cheque on the absolute understanding that the invoice would be posted to me forthwith.
I have made numerous phone calls (all recorded and documented) in an attempt to secure a full VAT receipt for this job but to no avail.
I am now putting you on notice that if I do not receive the above invoice/receipt within ten days from the date of this letter I will:
 inform the Revenue Authorities about this irregularity
 seek legal advice to secure the correct documentation and
 seek reimbursement of all legal expenses from you"

He phoned me on receipt of the letter and delivered the appropriate docs to me that evening.

Regards
dhon

Back