Cannot receive calls in new phone - Sim Card issue?

Having what sounds like exactly the same issue. GOMO sim in Nokia 2.4. But there is no option to disable VoLTE anywhere in my options...
Do you have the latest software update for the phone?
Does dialling *#*#4636#*#* and pressing the "call" button give you any option to disable VoLTE?
Can you try the SIM in another unlocked phone?

@1dave123 - is the GOMO SIM a new sim or have you used it another phone ? Seeing a similar issue with a 48 sim at the moment. Works in an older phone, but not in a new replacement phone. Other SIMs wotk in the new phone, although 48 support (I use that term with tongue in cheek) inisist it is the phone that is the issue. I've ordered a new SIM and awaiting that.

I'm with GoMo myself and I needed to order a new SIM when I replaced my phone at the start of this year. Worth a try if you haven't already.

Seeing a similar issue with a 48 sim at the moment. Works in an older phone, but not in a new replacement phone. Other SIMs wotk in the new phone, although 48 support (I use that term with tongue in cheek) inisist it is the phone that is the issue.
What the make and model of the phone?
If you do a manual network scan can you see and connect to 48?
I presume that you have already enabled roaming/data roaming which is usually necessary just to get a connection on virtual networks such as 48?

@Jazz01 In my case, the Gomo sim was an existing sim that had been used in an iphone for several years. Have had no issues since switching off VolTE on new phone.

@ClubMan -
If you do a manual network scan can you see and connect to 48?
Their network is not showing up when I search.

I suspect it's initial location for this set up. I'm rurally located, but up in the big smoke last night and response was much more positive (a bit patchy in places) - although 48 themselves say there are no issues where I am living with their network and it's the phone's fault. Still awaiting the newer sim card, so hopefully that may change things for the better.

I suspect it's initial location for this set up.
I don't understand what that means.
I'm rurally located, but up in the big smoke last night and response was much more positive (a bit patchy in places) -
So the SIM did work in your phone at some stage?
That's not quite what you said originally.

You never clarified what make and model of phone it is.

@ClubMan - my initial location (as in where I live and where I originally inserted the SIM card into the new phone ) is classed as a rural area, which seems to be an issue for some* of the mobile networks.

So the SIM did work in your phone at some stage?

Last night I was in the city (after I wrote the original post above), I brought the phone (and the SIM) with me, and it picked up the 48 network when I powered it on. Up to that time it was NOT working. My apologies if I didn't make myself clear enough - I will endevour to be more specific in the minute detail that seems to be required in the time lines.

* if you need such details I can supply same, but they will be based on my own personal experience of a small number of mobile operators and only limited to the rural area that I am in, so may not be relevant to anything.

Do you have the latest software update for the phone?
Does dialling *#*#4636#*#* and pressing the "call" button give you any option to disable VoLTE?
Can you try the SIM in another unlocked phone?
Have you contacted Gomo? Did you just move to them?

Yes latest software updated. This has been ongoing for months now. It wasnt originally an issue with phone, so I think a system update introduced voLTE and caused this. To be honest I had given up until coming across this post. I havent tried the sim in another phone but the similarities with 1dave123 description make me think its the same issue.

ClubMan I tried this code. I dont see an obvious option for turning off voLTE. allows setting various network types but I wouldnt know which to choose. see image

Yes latest software updated. This has been ongoing for months now. It wasnt originally an issue with phone, so I think a system update introduced voLTE and caused this. To be honest I had given up until coming across this post. I havent tried the sim in another phone but the similarities with 1dave123 description make me think its the same issue.
Ok, you might want to see if there's any Samsung forum/support that can tell you if/how VoLTE can be switched off on that phone.
ClubMan I tried this code. I dont see an obvious option for turning off voLTE. allows setting various network types but I wouldnt know which to choose. see image
Can't see any image.
You could try setting the phone to 3G only mode just to see if that makes it work.
But it's unlikely that you want to use it in 3G mode only generally due to the inherent limitations of 3G compared to 4G.

Back