Can you fit a turkey in a range cooker?!

MrsH

Hi all,

We're in the process of renovating our forever home and we've always dreamed of a range cooker so we reckon this is the time to do it.

I'm leaning towards a Belling Country Classic as they seem much more reasonable than rangemaster etc and I've read favourable comments about them. HOWEVER I've just read one disturbing user review which said that the main oven doesn't fit a big turkey!! Seems disastrous to have an oven you can't cook a family size turkey in for Christmas. Does anyone have any experience of cooking turkeys in range style ovens and if so, have you had any problems?

Any comments would be much appreciated, don't want to end up with an oven we can't cook Christmas dinner in!

Thanks,

MrsH

I have a Stanley cooker and I can cook a turkey in it. The shelves can be moved about a bit. There is also a slow cooker beneath the main cooker where you can put the roasty potatoes etc. You can always get a boned and rolled job?

I have a stainless steel Belling cookcentre with a conventional oven, a fan oven, a warming oven and a grill. My main oven and fan oven are ample for a large turkey.

The cooker is 10 years old.

A.

Back