Can we afford pay increases to match inflation?

I think every service, factory, business or enterprise could improve itself by at least 30% p.a. by implementing "Lean" concepts and principles. There is so much waste each workplace that we need to look at our processes on an ongoing bases.The objectives of "Lean" need to be communicated to everyone and it must be make clear that nobody will loose their job by improvements achieved. I agree with other posters that a country wide programme would need to come from the Top...If it did we could be world class.

The dollar has weakened by 20% against the Euro and sterling has weakened by 10% in a very short time.

We are now paying for the mad patriotism which made us join the Euro.

There is no way that over a few months we deserve to pay ourselves 10% to 20% more than our closest economic and cultural allies.

We're in the wrong currency pure and simple.:(

I think every service, factory, business or enterprise could improve itself by at least 30% p.a. by implementing "Lean" concepts and principles. There is so much waste each workplace that we need to look at our processes on an ongoing bases.The objectives of "Lean" need to be communicated to everyone and it must be make clear that nobody will loose their job by improvements achieved. I agree with other posters that a country wide programme would need to come from the Top...If it did we could be world class.
I've done quite a bit of work with Lean practices. It is a good idea but it would require major restructuring to remove waste in the public and semi-state sectors. The unions would use their veto to stop anything like this from happening.

Back