Motor Can I insist that my car is replaced by other insurance company

ACA

My vehicle 10 months old and has done 10,000 km. I was struck by another driver, this damaged the 1/4 panel, wheel-arch and bumper. Can I insist that my vehicle is replaced by the other insurer?

The other insurer is telling me that it isn't their policy to do what I'm asking. They are offering repair and depreciation, but this won't make up for what I will lose on trade-in as my vehicle is now deemed a 'crashed car'.

I stand to be corrected, but I think that it is only in write-off situations that the car is replaced with identical if within the first 12 months of registration

One thing you could do .... get a before and after valuation from the garage who sold you the car and claim for the difference/depreciation ..... I did .... and Insurance Co. paid it, repairs, cost of hire car and medical expenses.

I wasn't looking to make a profit ... just not to be at a loss ... told them so and they settled promptly.

That's what I'm looking for Paddy - they're offering 25% of the nett repair cost which doesn't come close to what I'm going to be penalised.

Thanks for all replies.

Wouldn't a fairly minor repair like this be effectively invisible when it comes to sell the car?

Possibly Complainer, but there is paper work to sign when trading in and it specifically asks whether the vehicle was involved in an accident ~ and I couldn't lie about it.

Back