Can friend be sued?

A11

Hello, my friend was asking me about an incident she had couple months back that has started to worry her lately.

She got a job done to her house that she was not happy with. She got the company to come back to fix the problem. Every time she was given excuses and the problem would persist. The 10th time they called she wouldnt let them leave as she drove her car across her driveway. She told them she wanted her money back and they could take down the work they had done. They refused and they called the gardai. The gardai said the peace was not been broken and that it was a civil matter. My friend and company then came to an agreement and the matter was resolved.

She has started to worry that could she be sued by the company or their employees for things such as stress, loss of revenue, repuation etc,?

She is not eating or sleeping and I would like to help her some bit.

You say that friend and company came to an agreement, so I imagine that is the end of the matter. I'd say the company will steer clear of your friend and avoid her like the plague.

My friend and company then came to an agreement and the matter was resolved.

She has started to worry that could she be sued by the company or their employees for things such as stress, loss of revenue, repuation etc,?

She is not eating or sleeping and I would like to help her some bit.[/QUOTE]

You need to give more details about the agreement entered into

The agreement reached was half the money back on the day and the other half when they came for their product. This was written down she said and she, the company and one of the guards (as a witness) all signed it.

What concerns her is that can the companies employees sue her for stress. She said the boss of the company was telling her about his repuatation he was missing an appointment with a client.

Her big worry is the companies employees.

I would agree with "Steiner" on this as you have heard nothing in over two months. Do not cross bridges until you come to them

Thanks. I guess she really has nothing to worry about.

She worries a lot about being sued for something mostly because she has land and people can be desperate for money in these difficult times.

Did my friend commit false imprisonment of these individuals? She says that they were all standing on a public roadway when the Gardai arrived and they walked in and out of the driveway while the dispute was been settled. She did have an obstruction on the driveway that prevented them from leaving with their vehicles.

She could sue them for stress if they try it on her. Disputes happen all the time. Everyone here has cut their losses and walked away. They won't be back.

Back