Motor Campion Insurance not appearing in Motor Tax online dropdown list

muffin1973

Hi all

Has anyone else tried to renew their motor tax online when insured with Campion Insurance and not been able to pick anything out of the dropdown insurance company box? I've tried Campion, Kennco (the underwriter) and bestquote where we got it through and none of them appear. Any ideas?

M

That site is not linked to the insurance companies so you can put in anything and it will process it, any date or policy number even 123456 will work with any company name.

Hi Wbbs

thanks for your reply. Why do they ask for the details then, if you could just put in whatever, do you know?

M

I presume most people think it is linked up so that in theory you need to have car insurance before you can tax the car, maybe they meant to link it up but too much work?

It was actually a garda that told me any numbers would work, long story!

Campion are brokers so won't be listed on that site - who is named as the insurer on your insurance policy/insurance disk?

Gipimann, thanks I had another look at the disc and saw the insurance company at the bottom, only names I'd had before were the ones I already posted.

feel stupid now!!! thanks :eek:

Hi Wbbs

thanks for your reply. Why do they ask for the details then, if you could just put in whatever, do you know?

M

As far as I remember before online was available you had to present your motor insurance cert when paying your motor tax so I guess they are keeping that requirement.

As far as I remember before online was available you had to present your motor insurance cert when paying your motor tax so I guess they are keeping that requirement.
Nope. You need nothing these days to tax a car. It's all about the money.

Nope. You need nothing these days to tax a car. It's all about the money.

I realise that, I have a whopper due next month.

I meant back in the day when you had to go to the motor tax office. I remember bringing my insurance cert and NCT cert about 10 years ago.

I have made up a number to pay online cos I couldn't be bothered looking it up.

Back in the day you needed every scrap of paper to do with the car just to get a look in the door.

I think its hannover re that you should be looking for. Off the top of my head. But it will be in small print at the bottom of your certificate.

Back