C1 ber houses getting the shaft

Eoghan

Has anyone noticed how if you have a c1 ber you can't get the deep retrofit grants as it has to be c2 or lower and you can't avail of the lower mortgage rates which require a b3? Seems a bit unfair on c1 houses. What does everyone think?

Has anyone noticed how if you have a c1 ber you can't get the deep retrofit grants as it has to be c2 or lower
Are you referring to this scheme?
Where does it say that it's restricted to BER C2 or lower?
and you can't avail of the lower mortgage rates which require a b3?
Whose rates?

Last edited:
As for mortgage rates, the last time I checked, the lowest rates on the market made no reference to the properties BER.

As for mortgage rates, the last time I checked, the lowest rates on the market made no reference to the properties BER.

Whose rates?

Where does it say that it's restricted to BER C2 or

Whose rates?
I think they updated it since I checked yesterday. The green mortgage rates from aib, boi and Ulster. They have cash back, Avant doesn't.

As above, the new scheme announced this week is for houses of B3 or lower. The idea of these retrofit grants all along has been tackling the worst of our housing stock. We still have a huge amount of F & G rated properties, it is far better to spend grant money aimed at reducing energy usage at that end of the scale where it will have most impact.

I think they updated it since I checked yesterday. The green mortgage rates from aib, boi and Ulster. They have cash back, Avant doesn't.
Cash back is a gimmick to lure people onto higher rates and is best avoided for most.

Back