Buying an investment property in Dublin

Yeah I see the point ye are making about avoiding expensive debt and I would be happy to avoid it if I can. So I have been looking at some property in close proximity to the green luas line in south dublin - this is the area that I’m looking to buy in. It doesn’t seem like there are any 2 bed apartments for 250k in this area so I’m asking the question should I borrow the remainder to buy a 2 bed and rent 1 room or would it be advisable to just buy a 1 bed for cash and avoid the landlord scenario? And at the end of the day am I making the right decision going for a property for cash in south Dublin and holding it for the foreseeable future instead of investing the cash elsewhere and putting the returns towards rent?

And at the end of the day am I making the right decision going for a property for cash in south Dublin and holding it for the foreseeable future instead of investing the cash elsewhere and putting the returns towards rent?
Are you looking for a long-term investment or a way of funding a (relatively) short term expense?

You seem to be conflating two very different things.

Back