Buy to let (cash) in Ballymun

Based on your numbers I don't think this investment will break you if it turns out bad. It will just meet less money in the future. I think you would be overweight in property. But if you don't have a ppr I guess that is fine overall.

What is value and income from apartment you own?

I'd lean towards investing and immediately committing your 30k saving potential p.a. into stocks regardless of stock market price. (Well after emergency fund built back up).

Is pension db? Can you buy extra entitlements?

The other apartment I own is pretty small, is in Tenerife (45 sq m., now worth approx 100 k, and is fully paid). It is meant as a refuge on the sunny side at the (early) retirement moment.

The other apartment, in Dublin, is supposed to offer a steady additional income of approx. 1000 EUR a month, on top of the small pension income.

So the stakes for me of choosing the right apartment are high.

Instead of Dublin, - places such as Ballymun or Clondalkin, I am also looking at possibly Nice, or Cannes in South France, a smallish apartment to be rented out via airbnb, to get the same 1000 net per month, on average.

Being mindful of all the potential difficulties in Ballymun, I am now closely looking into buying instead in Clondalkin, a slighly better area, less drug addicts for sure. It is a one bedroom apartment, or 45 sq. m, in Rosebank view estate, price negotiated at 194 000 EUR. Somewhat overpriced, but so seems the market these months. The monthly rent would stand at 1300 EUR.

Is Rosebank view, Clondalkin, better? Would such an investment make sense?

Clondalkin is also notorious for antisocial behaviour...

So I am thinking of - location, location, location rule ...

Back