Buy Agri Land with view setting up home & business?

Changling

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy land to set up a small business (kennels/stables) but want a family home on that site aswell.

I've seen an ad for "17acres of prime tillage or grazing land with farmyard, sheds and outbuildings, suitable for agricultural or commercial use" for sale and am wondering if it would be possible to build a home on that site aswell. I'm unsure of the road frontage etc of this site, but am just wondering what the general position is.

Thanks.

It's impossible to say with the level of detail provided, but you could be fairly sure that if agricultural rates only are being asked that it is a non-resedential small holding with no resedential/commercial planning permission on it at present.

Is there road frontage, is it on a national primary route, is it in an area of high scenic amenity, what is it's zoning ? etc. There are many questions you need to ask to find out the worth of the property and its resedential and commercial development potential.

If you plan on claiming that you need to build a house on the land in order to carry out your business you have to show (in the case of Meath Co. Co. anyway) that you are making your living from your agricultural activities.

Back