Bunq and salary

Yoga Woga

My salary bounced back from bunq, only after I enquired work informed me. I then supplied an Irish bunq administration address (I guess). Work use a facility that do not allow payment to non Irish accounts. They have done it manually today. And asking me to provide an Irish bank account. I moved from An Post they are dire. Don't really want another bank account.V happy with bunq! Solution or workaround??

I have no idea what a Bunq administration address is.

If your employer can only send payments to Irish accounts, then unless you can persuade them to change their payroll software, you will need to open account with someone who can provide an Irish account

Strictly speaking, any euro account should suffice, but if your employer can't do that, you could threaten them with court action but that seems most unreasonable

My salary bounced back from bunq, only after I enquired work informed me. I then supplied an Irish bunq administration address (I guess). Work use a facility that do not allow payment to non Irish accounts. They have done it manually today. And asking me to provide an Irish bank account. I moved from An Post they are dire. Don't really want another bank account.V happy with bunq! Solution or workaround??
Bunq can provide an account with an IE IBAN. You can open it in the app.

Employer uses a system that wouldn't accept my bunq account and they can only process my wages now manually and have requested i get an irish account as they can't pay me manually.....and are also planning to make this request a new policy and contractual requirement.....I'm quite happy with bunq, so as I see it - they'll have to adapt....

Most likely they are still using account / sort code in their system and then convert it when they make the actual payment into an IBAN.
And either the Sort Code list they use is not up to date or they just don't know how to convert the IBAN back to account/sort code.

You could try to convert the IBAN into account / sort code, I think Bunq has been assigned 990385.

Employer uses a system that wouldn't accept my bunq account and they can only process my wages now manually and have requested i get an irish account as they can't pay me manually.....and are also planning to make this request a new policy and contractual requirement.....I'm quite happy with bunq, so as I see it - they'll have to adapt....

Its an Irish Account. The BIC is BUNQIE22.

Most likely they are still using account / sort code in their system and then convert it when they make the actual payment into an IBAN.
And either the Sort Code list they use is not up to date or they just don't know how to convert the IBAN back to account/sort code.

You could try to convert the IBAN into account / sort code, I think Bunq has been assigned 990385.
I'm looking forward to educating them...surprised (actually not surprised) they don't know all this themselves and not even prepared to make enquires!!

I had a similar issue when KBC left, I switched to N26 for their free banking but was told by my HR department that it needed to be an Irish bank. I then responded by sending them the rules around IBAN discrimination and suddenly they changed their tune and got it setup for me.

I had a similar issue when KBC left, I switched to N26 for their free banking but was told by my HR department that it needed to be an Irish bank. I then responded by sending them the rules around IBAN discrimination and suddenly they changed their tune and got it setup for me.
In my case the email was so blunt and condescending, they didn't do themselves any favours.

Back