budgeting

H

hodgesaah

Is there any easy form of budget spreadsheet for someone making a start in their domestic finance management

I used to use a spreadsheet to handle the household stuff but I ended up moving to [broken link removed] because it made everything easier. As far as I can tell the only real difference between, Money 2004 and 2003 is that some online services are offered. Functionally there little or nothing between the two. Argos used to sell this (see the Summer catalogue) for €50 but you might get it cheaper online.

If You use MS Excel (as part of eth MS Office suite), go to the project gallery menu, ther eis a section there for Home Finance & Home budgeting - a ready made template to get You started.

ninsaga

If you go to the living below your means forum on the fool www.fool.co.uk, there is an excellent excel spreadsheet to download.

The Fool LBYM forum is accessible from [broken link removed] but I can't see any obvious link to a budgeting spreadsheet. Maybe the [broken link removed] is of some use? So many calculators... I'd simply start with the MABS one if I was trying to budget to be honest.

Why don't you share it with us, then we can all add our tuppence, to have our own aam spreadsheet?

SarahMc,
I have prepared a budget sheet on MS Exel which I would be happy to share with AAM. How do I post an attachment?

BG

Hi BG - Email it to Brendan & he should be able to arrange it.

Here are two spreadsheets (the second is a filled in example). It covers the usual income/expense categories. It also has a way of calculating the amount to allocate to various debts.

It's not perfect it doesn't seem to take into consideration the face that some debts have higher interest rates than others for example, but it's a starting point.

If you're starting to tackle debts, or if you are about to approach your creditors, or MABS then it will help if you have filled out a spreadsheet like this.

Sheet 1

Sheet 2 (Example)

Feel free to post any questions/suggestions.

-Rd

Back