BTEA QUERY

Samantha3333

Hi, I was hoping someone could tell me if you are allowed work full time for the summer and still be entitled to BTEA in September. I have received BTEA for two consecutive years, progressing from 2nd level to third level. I am currently working part time and receiving BTEA so I just want to know am I permitted to work this summer on s full timr basis without my payment being affected come September?
Thanks

I was receiving BTEA prior to last summer and then working part time during the summer. I had great difficulty transitioning back to BTEA in September. It appears the rules have changed and you will be means tested if you had employment during the summer. My own situation was only resolved when the contract came to an end and I supplied DSP with a p45.

If the job is anyway connected to the Course you can work full time. If its not you can work PT 20 hours but your income will be means tested if you have a partner claiming. So your BFs dole will be cut if you work basically and your BTEA wont.

Can you get a letter from the college to say its course related?

I did 8 months work and was on BTEA and FT wages. It was a nice situation. I just got a letter from college to say it was related to the course.

Is there any slight connection between the two? Just ask the college for a letter to say the work is related to the course.

Back