Boutique Hotels in Ireland

PaperRound

I have some friends coming Ireland to visit and they want to stay in really modern hotels. They aren't short of a bob or two so the cost isn't a factor. They are designers so while the trip is a holiday they also like to see new hotels for inspiration and ideas. Anybody have recommendations?
They are here for 3 weeks so they will get around most of the country.

Bellinter House in Meath. Also has an Eden restaurant and an ideal spot for toursit spots around the Boyne

The House Hotel in Galway or The Ross in Killarney both are fab and i will be returning to both. Food in the Ross is to die for.

The House Hotel in Galway has ceased operation a week ago AFAIK. I think it remains in the hands of the Bank.

By boutique I take it you mean a hotel that isn't part of a chain, however I stayed in the Sheraton in Fota Island, Cork, a while ago and it is very modern - well it's pretty much brand new! These photos will give you an idea. Our room, somewhere between a standard room and a suite (can't remember their name for it) was a good size and pretty trendy with a very modern bathroom. However, while I thought the place looked great, I thought the service was the worst I've had in any hotel, and wouldn't return there in a hurry.

Another place I have recommended several times on AAM is at Killenard in Laois (not the one in Portlaoise!). Like the Sheraton it is a 5 star hotel, but it's a little more traditional looking inside while looking modern on the outside. And unlike the Sheraton the service is very good.

I stayed here last weekend
it's really nice :) really relaxing but not much to do in the area!

Back