Bought domain name from Irish Supplier : have hassle accessing extras, what recourse?

Icarus

I bought a domain name from an Irish supplier and had alot of hassle trying to access the extras they very clearly advertised on their homepage. Over 40 emails later I posted their name and my problem on boards.ie (thread now removed) and the MD of the company saw it and got in touch saying he'd offer a full refund. I then checked and realised that they had actually charged me twice. I have replied to his email 3 times and tried calling him twice but to no avail. It's a small amount of money but I have a major problem with this kind of service and attitude and fully intend on following it until I get my money back.
This domain name reflects a registered trading name I hope to use. Does this exclude me from accessing the small claims court for this situation?

Re: Question re small claims court

This domain name reflects a registered trading name I hope to use. Does this exclude me from accessing the small claims court for this situation?

You purchased as a business not a consumer, so you cannot use the small claims court

Hey, by any chance did you by a .co.uk? That may explain why you were charged twice, as to the best of my knowledge a lot of domain resellers require you to register a .co.uk for at least two years.

jbax.

Contact your credit card company and get them to do a "charge-back"

Maybe naming and shaming would also help :)

Back