BOI/365 New online functionality

Adding a beneficiary is now faster than ever.

Every time you add a new beneficiary for domestic or international payments the activation code will be sent to your mobile phone*.

All you have to do is register your mobile phone on 365online.com you will then get a letter to confirm you have registered your phone with a set up code.

Log on again and set up your phone, you are now ready to make payments - so simple and so quick!
*Subject to a daily transfer limit of €3000/£3000. Terms and conditions apply to the use of Bank of Ireland 365 phone and online banking.

Finally, i've been asking for this the last few years whenever I ring them :)

I have been an 365online customer since the very beginning and I am constantly amazed by how poor the website is and this latest release has proved it again.

Boring layout, style and colours, the "new" functionality should have been there years ago and I can't really see how the site adds value to my BoI banking experience.

I saw better designed and specced websites 6 or 7 years ago!

Would disagree too. It's not a media site, it doesn't need to be flash or pretty. It is there to serve a purpose which it does.

Really glad they have improved functionality too!! It used to take way too long (3-4 working days) to setup a beneficiary payment and then there is the paper waste that was posted out every time.
Much more user friendly whilst still secure, took them a long time to listen to their customers...

Any one know if I can add my BOI mortgage to my benefactor list with Banking365 ? I would like to transfer money from current account to variable mortgage. I have heard from a friend that he can do it with AIB. At the moment I have to go to branch and fill out 2 forms.

Thank you

With all its 'brilliance' I don't understand why if I use my credit card it gets hit up straight away but when I pay my bill online, it takes from my current account straight away but does not register as a payment until 2-3 days later on the card.

With all its 'brilliance' I don't understand why if I use my credit card it gets hit up straight away but when I pay my bill online, it takes from my current account straight away but does not register as a payment until 2-3 days later on the card.

You're comparing two different payment systems, one developed by your credit card company, the other by BoI. The BoI system is consolidated over the systems that have been in use for 20/30 years.

As for the CC payment, if you make the payment, using 365 Online, before 5pm on a working day, the payment is shown in your 365 Online CC transaction listing the next day. After 5pm, or on a non-working day, the payment eventually leaves BoI at 5pm the next working day and shows up on your CC transaction listing a day after that.

For example, I paid my BoI Mastercard on 23 SEP. The payment is shown in my Mastercard CC transaction listing (within 365 Online), as being received on 23 SEP, even though they actually received on 24 SEP. I think there's some Consumer legislation shaped fudge going on there.

Back