BOI/365 New online functionality

Mr Magoo

The promised upgrade to boi's online offering is just up an running this morning (wasn't ther last nite).

changes:
Log on over 2 pages but still asks for the same info
page 1 - user id and contact number or dob
page 2 - randomly aks for 3 of digits from the pin number using pop ups.

Register new beneficiaries for domestic and international payments.
Make international payments to over 40 countries worldwide.

Top up your mobile phone.

Set up, cancel and amend standing orders but only on you c/a. Don't think for e.g. you can set up a standing order to transfer say monthly payment from deposit to c/a to service a mortgage out of the c/a.

So welcome additions although I wonder why they chose pop up menus to enter the (secret) pin when people looking at your PC can see what digits you choose on the screen.

Last edited:
Re: BOI/365 New online funcionality

although I wonder why they chose pop up menus to enter the (secret) pin when people looking at your PC can see what digits you choose on the screen.

No idea but maybe it's to prevent those trojan(?) key-tracking thingies that can infect computers?

I have been an 365online customer since the very beginning and I am constantly amazed by how poor the website is and this latest release has proved it again.

Boring layout, style and colours, the "new" functionality should have been there years ago and I can't really see how the site adds value to my BoI banking experience.

I saw better designed and specced websites 6 or 7 years ago!

I have been an 365online customer since the very beginning and I am constantly amazed by how poor the website is and this latest release has proved it again.

me too. I think boi were one of the first if not the first bank to online in ireland. maybe that's their problem, too difficult to update older technology.

I only use boi now for the ssia and credit card, everything else is now with nib and rabo who are well ahead with their online services (and more competive products for me).

a great feature with NIB is the ability to have free text messages sent you. You can set this up your self so e.g. have the balance on an account sent to you weekly or if a transaction over a certain amount occurss etc. Very usefull.

Boring layout, style and colours, the "new" functionality should have been there years ago and I can't really see how the site adds value to my BoI banking experience.

I'd have to disagree. You can get in there and out of there quickly and easily.

Honestly, couldn't care less if it has a boring style and colours as long as my transactions are processed correctly.

In the 5 years I've been using this service, that has been the case.

I have a direct debit going from my BOI current a/c into my BOI special savings a/c. Can this be adjusted online?

Short answer: No

Long answer:

This is setup as a Direct Debit to savings account from your current account - the originator of the DD ie the Savings Account, is in charge. However, 365 Online only shows the balance for this account - a very limited capability.

On your current account, the only possibility online for DDs is to cancel them - this is because everything else about DD is managed by the originating account.

If it had been a Standing Order, ie a payment initiated from your current account, then yes you could have modified it online.

Hope that's clear - on re-reading it, it seems a bit muddled.

Last edited:

Thank's for that - It seems's to me that they should have let me set up a standing order instead of a direct debit ( think it had to be d/d). Anyway guess what? I've closed my special savings a/c but your info is still appreciated.

It is possible to access your 365 online account if you only know 3 digits of your 6 digit pin. You can keep pressing back and reloading until it asks for the 3 digits you know.

I done this for months because I was travelling and forgot my pin but found piece of paper I had ripped up but it had the first 3 digits.

I also log onto my girlfriends AIB personal banking regularly (with her full permission - we also have joint account on AIB). One of the security questions is re. visa card numbers but I don't know this so just try again until it asks for phone numbers.

Does anyone think this is a flaw. (admittedly small because of reg. numbers etc. as well as pins).

It's definitely a security issue for BOI. I only use my DOB as I forgot the other pieces of information since I registered years ago. So, I do a CTRL-Refresh until it asks me for the information I know!

It is possible to access your 365 online account if you only know 3 digits of your 6 digit pin. You can keep pressing back and reloading until it asks for the 3 digits you know.

I don't think this is still the case, just tried it out as they claimed they fixed this, and each time it is asking me for the same three numbers of the PIN. I also tried a different browser and a different computer.

I don't think this is still the case, just tried it out as they claimed they fixed this, and each time it is asking me for the same three numbers of the PIN. I also tried a different browser and a different computer.

I think you're right there, it used to be the case and I exploited it for a while til I got myself organsied with a new pin. Now if I make a mistake it asks for the same details each time.

I want to register my new Anglo Irish Bank Premium Demand A/c. When filling out add a beneficiary -is their name bit -my name or anglo irish bank? What would you say for reference? Hope someone can help.

I want to register my new Anglo Irish Bank Premium Demand A/c. When filling out add a beneficiary -is their name bit -my name or anglo irish bank? What would you say for reference? Hope someone can help.

sort code 990220 account number should be 8 digits and the account name should be your name. reference - leave blank. Worked for me recently.

Could anybody see a problem with me registering my Mother's eircom and/or ESB a/c so she could give me the money and I would pay it for her? It would save her going to the post office. She does not have phone/internet banking facilities.

Could anybody see a problem with me registering my Mother's eircom and/or ESB a/c so she could give me the money and I would pay it for her? It would save her going to the post office. She does not have phone/internet banking facilities.

That should not be a problem.

If you already have those beneficiaries registered (for your own household), you need to be careful that you make the payment to the correct account.

Does anyone know if the BoI has a free telephone number that can be used from the UK.

Thanks.

Back