Boarding Kennels, North County Dublin

N

nichen

Can anyone recommend a good boarding kennel for a large dog in North County Dublin or anywhere between Balbriggan and Drogheda. What is the average cost? Thanks

Betty in Kilshane Kennels just off the Ashbourne road (8344424) is an absolute sweetheart and my dog adores going to stay with her. A medium size dog costs €12 (I *think* it's €15 a night for a big dog) a night and includes a night-time donut and cuddle! I wouldn't take Spliff anywhere else.

Sarah

Hi Guys...

Do you's still recomend Kilshane Kennels ?
We've a 7 mth old boxer we want to leave in for 12 nights?
Feel so guilty

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to AAM.

Have you checked availability already? Understand these kennels are popular spots.

Have you checked availability already?
I've never used a kennel etc. in Ireland, but I know in the US the kennels/dog hotels :)p the names and descriptions cracked me up) were VERY VERY strict on having detailed paperwork to show all vacanations etc. were up to date and had very strict minimium criteria as per what vacanies were required.

Maybe someone can clarify if it's similiar here (or not), if in doubt I'd check with the kennel (when you're checking availability) well in advance to avoid any last minute issues.

I use Deutsche Kennels in Garristown
http://www.deutsche.ie/ I wouldnt leave my two anywhere else

I wasnt impressed with Kilshane ......... I left rather quickly actually

I would advise visiting any kennels before booking in your animals also book early as all the good ones get booked up quickly

I've used AllPaws which is in Walshestown, near Balbriggan and was very happy with it - I used the cattery there, but they do mind dogs as well.

In relation to vaccinations, etc, it's very strict for catteries, so presume it's similar for dog kennels.

Any recommendations for kennels/dog-sitting in south Dublin. Our kennels has doubled in price since 2002. It now costs €30 per night for our two (small and small/medium) mutts, which really adds up if we're going away for any length of time.

Saw an advert this morning in my local vet for Bellewstown Kennels (www.bellewstownkennels.com) which would also be in the general Balbriggan/North Dublin/East Meath area.

Regarding price, I pay €10 per day for a cat, so perhaps €15 per dog per day isn't that ott?

Back