Bluestone Agent (BOS/Halifax) came to my house twice

colette

Hi! Has anybody had a visit from a Bluestone agent in their house? A bluestone came agent came to my house in the Friday evening, gave a letter for me thru my husband. I was out that time. Then he came again today. I spole to him and told him, I have spoken to somebody in their office already. If he do come backs again, what can I tell him? Is it legal? Is it not some kind of harrassment? I have been paying them but not the amount they want because I cannot afford it. Thanks for any advise.

You can withdraw any implied right of access by either giving him a letter to that effect or by sending it to their head office. Once that is done, any future visit is trespassing.

It may also constitute harassment of a debtor under the 1997 non fatal offences against the person act. I would contact the Gardaí for advice on that.

You are under no obligation to engage with someone on the doorstep.

Thank you Time for that information. I will write to their office now and post it tomorrow. Thank you.

I spole to him and told him, I have spoken to somebody in their office already. If he do come backs again, what can I tell him? Is it legal? Is it not some kind of harrassment?

Have a look at citizens advice for information on dealing with debt collection agencies.

If you have been in regular contact and provided them with all the information, what did he say was the purpose of the visit?

It would not be unusual for a debt collection company to visit a debtor to assess the situation

Back