BFF Paying 4.00% AER on 6 month deposit

Superman8

Just wanted to point this out as its not on best buys and seems very good.
Better then a lot of the yearly or over rates.

Thanks Superman8.

Some decent rates from BFF on 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year and 1 year 6 months term deposits.

Only downside is the paper based application with BFF.

Best buys updated.

Thanks Superman8.

Some decent rates from BFF on 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year and 1 year 6 months term deposits.

Only downside is the paper based application with BFF.

Best buys updated.
For anyone's info if they're thinking of BFF, the paper you have to sign (maybe you have to fill in a few other fields as well as signing - I can't remember) is mostly prepopulated by Raisin and they make it very clear how to do it. Then you post it off to them (in Germany I think) and that's it. You only need to do it the first time you use BFF, so if you go back every 3 months say you don't need to do anything other than the online bit. I don't know yet if it expires after a year but it's minimal pain for a very good short-term rate.

Thanks Concrete.

I have never opened a BFF account myself but maybe the paper based application process is not as painful as some other posters indicated it was.

I see on the Raisin.ie website that BFF now accepted scans of the application form now too so maybe you no longer need to post it.

3.50% is a great rate for a short term.

No problem. I feel like the 3% rate for 3 months is even better value depending on your requirements. From rough observation, they've been gradually increasing rates (with a lag) after each of the ECB rate increases.

Anyone concerned about Trustpilots reviews ? I'd like to open a 3 month or 6 month deposit but am put off.

Opening this account currently. The application is, indeed, prepopulated and you can scan and upload it instead of posting!

Anyone concerned about Trustpilots reviews ? I'd like to open a 3 month or 6 month deposit but am put off.

Those reviews are concerning. I've been pondering Raisin but the high deposit rates don't appear to come with high peace of mind. Of course those folks will all get their money back eventually but if you sign up for 3 months, you should get it back in exactly 3 months.

I may try the 3 month option for a small amount say 1k, just to see how the process goes from start to finish.

Is the minimum deposit not 5k?

The trustpilot reviews are off putting alright but I may just put in the minimum and see if I can withdraw after 3 months.

Does anyone want to referral me?

Hi Guys, I see as part of the BFF application process that your requested to submit a standardised Spanish tax form, I don’t see this under of my Documents under my Mailbox , what should I do?
Instead I see confirmation of account opening.

Any response appreciated.

I applied for the 6month term deposit ( with a refer a friend code) about 2 werks ago. I thought the then rate was just over 2% with BFF. I did not download the bank paper form yet to post to Germany. If I do will I get the new rate revised rate of 3.5%?

I applied for the 6month term deposit ( with a refer a friend code) about 2 werks ago. I thought the then rate was just over 2% with BFF. I did not download the bank paper form yet to post to Germany. If I do will I get the new rate revised rate of 3.5%?
Same as you. I cancel down the old application as still said 2% and reapplied for 3.5%.
For me i had to download the form sign it and upload back to the site did not have to post it to Germany.

What seems strange is that Raisin reviews on Trustpilot tend to be much better in other countries than in Ireland. Maybe Raisin just doesn't bother improving its customer service in Ireland because Irish consumers don't have many other places to go to.

Back