Best way of sending sterling to UK from Ireland?

mamto2

Hi,

Anyone know whats the best method of sending sterling to England from Ireland? Dont want to send cash obviously.

Thanks

I would say electronic transfer such as Interpay via banks is probably the best. A draft is safe but if it should get lost there would be quite a wait for it to be replaced.

Hi,

Anyone know whats the best method of sending sterling to England from Ireland? Dont want to send cash obviously.

Thanks

I used ukforex.co.uk.

The rate is set on the day and then you lodge the money into their bank account. It takes a few days and there are no charges if you send more than equivalent of £3000.

How much are you talking about - and do you have a bank account here and in the UK?
You could let the bank do it - but you will probably not get the best exchange rate and they may add on other charges.
There are currency brokers who do it if the amount is big enough - or if it's regular payments.
A small percentage difference in the rate could cost you hundreds on a big transaction.

Thanks for your replies.

I need to send £50 to someone with an address in UK, I dont have their acc number, nor do I have a UK account.

Thanks for your replies, was thinking of sending cash by registered post so think I will go with that option.

Back