Best value INdex trackers?

patrickjd

Hi,

I'm looking for a low cost index tracker to invest in. I know Quinn Life charge between 1%-1.5% for their freeway funds but is there any better value out there? What index trackers do other people hold at present?

Just a related supplementary questions; with an index fund through a broker...can you keep investing every month or so?

Just a related supplementary questions; with an index fund through a broker...can you keep investing every month or so?

If you want to pay large transaction charges anything is possible. You'd want to be investing a fair chuck everymonth to make that worthwhile, quarterly or biannually might make more sense. Otherwise someone like Quinn Life might suit the monthly investor.

Vanguard funds often get mentioned as being very cheap. No idea where or how you purchase them. Do a google.

Vanguard funds often get mentioned as being very cheap. No idea where or how you purchase them. Do a google.

Unless you've got $100k to throw into a tracker then they won't be interested!

Reading these tracker posts; I can't believe how poor the providers of trackers are in Ireland.

You can buy FTSE100 trackers at 0.1% annual fee in the UK, with Europe, US and Japan trackers at 0.25% annual fee. With no requirement to pay an initial charge or broker fee.

Unless you've got $100k to throw into a tracker then they won't be interested!

Reading these tracker posts; I can't believe how poor the providers of trackers are in Ireland.

You can buy FTSE100 trackers at 0.1% annual fee in the UK, with Europe, US and Japan trackers at 0.25% annual fee. With no requirement to pay an initial charge or broker fee.

It's the price we pay for living in such a small country!

If you want to pay large transaction charges anything is possible. You'd want to be investing a fair chuck everymonth to make that worthwhile, quarterly or biannually might make more sense. Otherwise someone like Quinn Life might suit the monthly investor.

considering Quinn are in the news....would this be a wise move?
Is Quinn Life a separte entity?

Back