Home Best Value Home Insurance

Butter

Despite no claims on my house insurance ever, I've just received a quote for the next year with a 33% increase in cost and this despite reducing the rebuild cost of the house.
Has anyone any advice on which company I should approach to see if I can get a better quote. I'm currently insured through RSA through BoI.
Thanks!

Had the same problem with 123.ie, they increased the premium by 40% and then had the gall to call me with a 5% discount if I renewed with them. They were recently sold so I guess they are trying to keep their premiums inflated.
I got my broker Brophy & Co in Portlaiose to rebroke this properly and they managed to equal my premium from last year. 123 also sent me my premium letter dated 17th July received by me on 22nd July, an obvious trick here to railroad me into renewing......
I wont be dealing with 123 anymore.....

Are insurers obliged to give a few weeks notice with regards sending out notifications when policies are due for renewal?

Is that legally binding, reason I ask is that I only got 4 days notice for recent car insurance renewal.

Had the same problem with 123.ie, they increased the premium by 40% and then had the gall to call me with a 5% discount if I renewed with them. They were recently sold so I guess they are trying to keep their premiums inflated.
I got my broker Brophy & Co in Portlaiose to rebroke this properly and they managed to equal my premium from last year. 123 also sent me my premium letter dated 17th July received by me on 22nd July, an obvious trick here to railroad me into renewing......
I wont be dealing with 123 anymore.....

Interestingly I rang RSA and said I was astonished at the price increase and was offered an immediate 10% reduction. I said I would bear it in mind and would ring around first which I am in the process of doing now. I will update later.

prices are generally on the increase given th elevel of claims including the bad winter. Those with no claims will not be as badly hit as those with claims.

Like in everything shop around for the best deal.

Well RSA offered an immediate 10% reduction to bring the quote from E770 to E700. Allianz quoted E556 or E600 to pay over 12 months.
Substantial difference between the two and I also got specific personal possessions outside the home for 4 items included in the Allianz quote.
Definitely worth shopping around!!! Saving of E214 for a few phone calls.

Got a great deal with [broken link removed] for my house insurance last year after seeing another AAM member recommend them.

No affiliation, just a happy customer :)

AA quoted us a 50% increase for renewal this month. Insurance was paced by them with Zurich.

Rang Hibernian Aviva. Got a quote of €450 as aginst Zurich/AA of over €600. This was a rate increase it seems. No claims or anything.

We were with RSA directly but they imposed AA on us as a broker ! Can you now deal directly again with RSA ?

We're off to Hibernian...

Back