Best Savings Option

Haille

Looking for best savings option to invest 15,750 euros for 3 years. I have 15,000 euros invested in a Savings Certificate since 2018 which is due to mature shortly with 750 euros interest I need the money in 3 years. Looked at the option of 3 year savings bond for 3 years with total interest at 4 percent after 3 years assuming DIRT free. Looked at prize bonds also. What rate of interest would I need to get from banks that would be better than 4 percent allowing for DIRT deduction. Many thanks

The best Irish bank rate i've seen is the 3 year term deposit with PTSB. 9% total after 3 years (gross). Thats 6% Vs 4% (savings bond) Net.

For 15750 after 3 yrs you would get 1,461 gross interest (978 after tax) = 15750 + 978 = 16,728. That's better that State Savings bonds.

If you're willing to look at non-Irish banks, have a look at the best buys thread here...

With regard to PTSB, bear in mind that if you need to withdraw the money before the 3 years is up, they charge you a 'withdrawal fee'

State savings don't have such a fee.

Looking for best savings option to invest 15,750 euros for 3 years. I have 15,000 euros invested in a Savings Certificate since 2018 which is due to mature shortly with 750 euros interest I need the money in 3 years. Looked at the option of 3 year savings bond for 3 years with total interest at 4 percent after 3 years assuming DIRT free. Looked at prize bonds also. What rate of interest would I need to get from banks that would be better than 4 percent allowing for DIRT deduction. Many thanks
I’m in the exact same boat. I’m just about to invest 66k with PTSB - for 3 years @ 3 percent per year - 9% minus dirt - fully covered under the 100k government gaurantee - it’s the best 3 year deposit rate at the mo, if you happen to unexpectedly need it - you can / but penalties

If you need access to money quickly, you can get 4% from trade republic with instant access anytime. That's a variable rate, much better deal than any irish banks and no penalty for withdrawal, monthly interest. max 50k

If you need access to money quickly, you can get 4% from trade republic with instant access anytime. That's a variable rate, much better deal than any irish banks and no penalty for withdrawal, monthly interest. max 50k
Invested with foreign banks via Trade Republic?

Back