Best Savings Account for convenient transfer of interest

Afterflood

Hello all,

I have a 30k emergency fund.

What I would like to do it put this into a savings account, forget about it, and have the interest automatically transferred (monthly if possible) to a QUINN direct Freeway fund.

I would ike to have the transfer done automatically with no involvment from me.

Which savings accounts will allow me to do this?

Thank you.

If i'm not mistaken you could set up a nationwide UK account (3.55%) and they will transfer your int to any nominated account. I'm not sure if INBS or Halifax offer the same facility to transfer your int but you should check that out as they have a slightly higher rate.)
Then you need to set up a Quinn product that operates on monthly contributions. Only problem is if you set up the DD for a set amount you need to ensure the interest from your Nationwide account is the same as the amount on your DD each month.

Some pointers below.

I would suggest that Nationwide UK's offer is more likely to be medium term that INBS.

Get the best return for your money ...

For instant access, check out the best buys here.

Best for amounts from €1 to €20,000
[broken link removed]
3.75% up to €20,000
2.50% from €20,000 with no maximum
Note 1: Interest paid annually.
Note 2: Interest rate includes a "bonus" of 1.25% that expires on 1 Jan 2011

Best for amounts from €20,000 to €2 million
[broken link removed] (Discuss)
3.55% on €2,000 minimum to €2m maximum.
Note: NB: Interest is reduced if more than 6 withdrawals are made a year (Apr-Mar).

With both best buys the interest can be paid into another account ...

[broken link removed]

Payment of interest
Annual interest
Annual interest is capitalised on 31 March each year and can be paid in the following ways:

Added to your account
Paid to another Nationwide UK (Ireland) account
Paid directly into any ROI bank or building society account
Please note for Fixed Rate Savings Accounts, interest is added to the balance at account maturity.

Monthly Interest
Monthly interest is capitalised on the last working day of each calendar month and can be paid in the following ways:

Paid into another Nationwide UK (Ireland) account
Paid directly into any ROI bank or building society account
Added to your account (Easy Access Savings Accounts only)
Please note for Fixed Rate Savings, monthly interest must be paid away to another account.

[broken link removed]

How is interest paid?
With the Instant Access Deposit Account, interest is calculated on a daily basis and paid annually on the 31st of December.
Your interest can be:

• Automatically credited to your account on the 31st of December each year.
• Paid to another account with the Society.
• Paid into a bank account of your choice.

Is it worth the bother for such a small amount per month given such low interest rates ???

Some pointers below.

I would suggest that Nationwide UK's offer is more likely to be medium term that INBS.

Get the best return for your money ...

For instant access, check out the best buys here.

With both best buys the interest can be paid into another account ...

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

"medium term that INBS."

Hi Fungus,

Could you expand on what you mean by Nationwides rate being Medium term compareed to INBS?

Nationwide UK not suitable for monthly withdrawals due to
NB: Interest is reduced if more than 6 withdrawals are made a year

Also, not sure if either of the accounts mentioned support automatic Direct Debits as requested by OP.

The withdrawal limit does not include automatic bank interest withdrawals. You can have 12 free interest withdrawals per year which are automated by Nationwide UK on request.

Also, the OP asked for monthly bank interest DD and this is definitely something that Nationwide UK offer.

Back