Best online banking 2009

dermotmeath

Hi, I am trying to find a bank that will send me an email when my balance goes below a certain level.

Searching the forum, I found an old thread on online banking features and I optimistically wondered how things had improved in the last few years.

Here is the feature list.
  • Create Text / Email alerts (eg when you go overdrawn or when your salary arrives).
  • Set up new benificiaries / bills etc (without having to call)
  • Set up new recurring payments (without having to write a letter)
  • Make international payments (without having to queue up in a branch)
  • Download statements in PDF / XML formats
  • View pending/clearing incoming payments
  • Request cheque books, pin number, new cards etc
  • Request foreign currencies / request bankers drafts
  • Integration with quickbooks / microsoft money
  • Secure email direct to your branch
  • Track your share portfolio (email or text alerts)

Which banks would come closest to offering these services or at least the most important ones at the top of the list?

Thanks.

Permanent TSB send me text messages when a large deposit or withdrawal has been made on my account, which is cool. I am pretty sure I can also get an alert when my balance falls under a certain amount but I didn't set it up and I have enough reserves that it is not triggered anyway.

It sounds like that was the most important feature to you so I will let you check the rest! No integration with Money or Quickbooks anyway.

Thanks very much, good to hear some Irish banks have modernised their systems a fair bit! Pity none have implemented Quickbooks or Money integration yet.

just as a follow up on this, does anyone have any suggestions fow which bank provides easiest export of data?

I use banking 365 and its a bit messy getting the data into excel to try and keep a track on spending.

I'd love to try something like [broken link removed]Mint, Geezeo and Wesabe , but they all seem to be US-focused. Has anyone used any online money management software that integrates with their Irish bank accounts?

just as a follow up on this, does anyone have any suggestions fow which bank provides easiest export of data?

I use banking 365 and its a bit messy getting the data into excel to try and keep a track on spending.

I know AIB business banking lets you export data into excel from the current accounts but strangely not from credit card accounts. If you want to export this to excel you need to copy and paste it into excel however the numbers are not recognised in excel do you cant sum them which is annoying. Anyone know how to get excel to recognise the numbers/amounts?

Personally I just copy and paste from the AIB (Consumer) banking directly into excel. You might have to "paste as" or something but it works fine. Can sum everything ok.

Only issue it doesn't show many transactions. Be great if you could export it.

i use permanent tsb and just copy / paste to excel file. no issue with totals etc,,

as regards feature list in initial post, no choice but to ring them to setup most of the items listed which is a pain

Back