Home Best Insurance Price for Buy To Let Property

K

keith1982

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone could advise from their own experience the best price / product offering for Home and Contents insurance for an average 3 bed house which is let to one tenant.

I have always held the insurance which was arranged by my mortgage lender since I bought the house, but it has jumped to nearly 700 and is due for renewal this month.

The house in question is a 3 bed in cavan town, re-build costs of 180k and contents 20k.

Thanks

I went with AA and it wasn't much more to insure it as a RIP as when I had it as my PPR. It's about 450pa - rebuild costs are slightly higher as the house is in Dublin.

Kieth, for a standard house that is let you will probably find Quinn Direct are quite competitive. But make sure you read the small print and Policy conditions.

We have our rented properties with 123.ie - always found them to give best price. Did not (touch wood) have a need to make any claims, so not sure how good they are in that respect.

We have our rented properties with 123.ie

This outfit are simply brokers not Insurance companies. They carry no risk. They just earn a commission for placing the business. There are enough posts on AAM concerning them.

try your lender. oft times they provide cover for buy to lets without any loadings ulike many of the other insurers.

Back