Best Deposit / Savings AC Rates?

prend

Can anyone steer me towards somewhere where I can compare current rates being offered by the various banks please?
I need to close a Halifax account and am looking for the best place to lodge whats in the account.
Thanks for any help!

Thanks a million - that's exactly what I was looking for!

Can I ask what is most probably a very stupid question but ....
The Irish Nationwide rate is 3.55% for 3 months BUT it says that the rate is P.A. - does that mean that for the 3months term essentially you get 1/4 of 3.55% so really I'd be better off with the 1 year rate of 3.50%????

Thanks for any help!

Thanks a million - that's exactly what I was looking for!

Can I ask what is most probably a very stupid question but ....
The Irish Nationwide rate is 3.55% for 3 months BUT it says that the rate is P.A. - does that mean that for the 3months term essentially you get 1/4 of 3.55% so really I'd be better off with the 1 year rate of 3.50%????

Thanks for any help!

Its a 3 month term a/c and the annual rate is 3.55% but its the best annual rate around, but yes you would only get a 1/4 as you say because your money is only there for 3 months - not 12.

Thanks for your replies!
Sooooo if I went for 4 3month terms one after the other (and assuming the rate stays the same) - I would still be better off than going with the 1 year fixed term ... I'd get 3.55% at the end of the year (in total) rather than 3.5%? .... Doesn't really make sense to be TBH - why would you go for the longer term fixed if you're getting less and also having your money tied in ... am I missing something?

seems likely the rate is going to drop rather than allow you to do that!

Back